The 44km long-distance race in classic technique stretches from Nordli, Norway to Gäddede, Sweden and is part of the Visma Ski Classics Challengers series.
FLYKTNINGERENNET – ONE CHALLENGERS EVENT AND TWO COUNTRIES Flyktningerennet history goes back to 1950 when the first race, also called Flyktningloppet in Sweden, took place to honor and remember the refugees escaping across the horder from Norway to Sweden during the World War Il.
The 44km long-distance race in classic technique stretches from Nordli, Norway to Gäddede, Sweden and now becomes part of the Visma Ski Classics Challengers series.
In addition to the main 44km race, the event also features 17 and 12km ski events, gathering both Pro Tour athletes and recreational skiers as well.
Flyktningerennet is an annual long-distance ski race starting at Nordli centre in
Lierne, Norway and finishing in Gäddede, Strömsund municipality, Sweden.
Flyktningerennet is welcoming skiers from around the world for the 70th anniversary of this historical race.
• Place: Nordli, Norway • Date: March 28th, 2021 • Technique: Classic
• Distance: 44km
• Registration fee (Euro): 58
• Number of active years: 70
• Number of participants: 1200
• Website: www.flyktningerennet.no and www.flyktingloppet.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FlyktningerennetFlyktingloppet-102596486487496/ • Registration website: https://flyktningerennet.no/flyktningerennet/pamelding/
To see more events of Visma Ski Classics Season X go to www.vismaskiclassics.com